Monday, December 7, 2009

Gift Ideas for Your Toddler

I love toys!! I have always loved going to Toys R Us, and I get so excited when Owen gets a new toy.
These are some gift ideas that I have come up for Owen based on what he seems to like, so a lot of these may be more geared towards boys. Leave me a comment if you know of some good gift ideas for toddlers (girls or boys). Also, I would love to know if you have any of these toys and what you think of them.

Outside Toys
Owen loves to be outside, so we are definitely interested in getting him some outside toys. We think he would enjoy having a slide, a little car or tricycle to ride around in, a t-ball set, and a golf set.

Books
Owen enjoys playing with his board books, especially ones that have special effects. These are some books I think he might like.
Poke A Dot: 1o Little Monkeys by IKids http://www.amazon.com/Poke-Dot-Little-Monkeys-Poke-able/dp/1584769386/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260238091&sr=8-1
This is a counting book. This book has little pop dots that remind me of bubble wrap. I just realized it says ages 4-8, but I still think he would like this book.
Rock & Roll: Colors by Salina Moon http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Roll-Colors-Scholastic/dp/0545149746/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260238352&sr=1-1
You have to tilt this book back and forth to make the colored disk move. This book says baby-preschool for the age range.

He also really likes the Slide and Find books, the Peekaboo books, and Goodnight Teddy (a fabric book). I'll be on the lookout for anything similar to these books for him since he loves these so much.

Educational Toys
Owen loves our laptop and also wants to play with it. I wonder if he would like Fisher Price's Seasame Street Lots to Learn Elmo Laptop. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2659755

Fisher Price's Seasame Street Lots to Learn Elmo Seasame Bus looks fun too. He loves to press buttons. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2659756

Musical Toys
Xylophone or little piano

Misc.
Building blocks

Don't forget to let me know your ideas and/or opinions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment